9 Best Backpack Coolers that will Keep it Cool Wherever You Go
Traditional coolers are great for keepings things chilled but if you’re on the go, hiking somewhere hot then what you need is a backpack cooler. These can keep your food and beverage cool while you’re mobile. Also, these have great storage as well.
So, come with us and check our list for the 10 best backpack coolers of 2021.
Arctic Zone Titan Backpack Cooler
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 7.5 x 16.5 inches
- Material: Neoprene
- Chamber Width: 5.5 Inches
- Good ice retention
- Straps are padded and adjustable
- Insulated compartments
- Great value for money
- Leaky zipper
- Leaky zipper
YETI Hopper Backpack Cooler
· Dimensions: 12.5 x 6.5 x 15 inches
· Material: Foam
· Weight: 7.5 Pounds
The YETI Hopper is one of the best durable backpack coolers available in the market. The exterior is waterproof, UV-resistant, and puncture-resistant. It can survive even the harshest of environments. Also, it features a chest strap, a waist belt, and leak proof zippers so that you can get the best waterproof experience.
What this cooler lacks, however, is extra storage. It’s literally just a cooler with straps. And it costs close to $300 which, to me, is a ridiculous amount of money for a backpack cooler. A little zipper for personal items would have been nice.
But, if you only care about quality and performance, the YETI Hopper will not disappoint you.
- Very large opening
- Easy to arrange on the inside
- Excellent build quality
- Excellent insulation
- Guaranteed waterproof
- Probably the most expensive backpack cooler there is
- Zipper is a little hard to open (but it’s very high quality though)
- Zero extra storage, it’s just box of cooler
FORICH Backpack Cooler
· Dimensions: 17 x 12 x 8 inches
· Capacity: 30L
· Weight: 1.81 lbs.
FORICH offers a nice backpack cooler with a lot of great features. The inside is insulated with thick materials and also, the PEVA liner is a leak proof liner so these work excellently together to keep the food and drinks fresh. The backpack is also spacious so you put a lot of things inside.
- · Multiple pockets
- · Durable and lightweight
- · Adjustable shoulder straps
- · Decent ice retention
TOURIT Backpack Cooler
· Dimensions: 13 x 7.5 x 15.8 inches
· Material: 600D Oxford
· Weight: 1.1 Pounds
The TOURIT backpack cooler is one of the highest rated backpack coolers on Amazon. It is a large backpack that can hold 30 cans and also features a beer opener if you want to carry bottles. You need to use ice packs to keep the inner lining from tearing. There are also multiple pockets for all your necessities. It’s made of a lightweight, waterproof material that is great for the outdoors.
- Great value
- Durable and lightweight
- Some claim that there cooler leaks after a few usage
OAGear Backpack Cooler
· Dimensions: 12.25 x 16.5 x 7.75 inches
· Material: Polyester
· Weight: 1.1 lbs.
This backpack from OAGear is inexpensive and packs a great punch for its price. It is really rugged and tough so you can take it with you and have nor problems. Also, it can hold 20 cans with ice so it has a lot of storage.
- Bang for buck
- Great Insulation
- lot of space
- Guaranteed leakproof
- The straps are a little small for a big person
Coleman Backpack Cooler
· Dimensions: 12.2 x 6.3 x 19.29 inches
· Material: Polyester
· Weight: 17 Ounces
Next up, we have another budget friendly backpack with neat features. The main compartment is nicely insulated that keeps the inside cool and protected from heat. Also, the heat-welded seams protect the inside from leaks. It is very lightweight and can be carried on one shoulder.
One of our favorite things about this cooler is the fact that unlike most coolers, this cooler looks just like a regular hiking backpack. No one will suspect that you’re bringing a cooler.
- Extremely lightweight
- Very cheap
- Antimicrobial liner
- Looks like a regular backpack
- There are some reports of leakage.
- The straps are a bit thin for some
IceMule Backpack Cooler
· Dimensions: 17 x 11 x 24 inches
· Weight: 6.6 lbs.
· Capacity: 30 Liters
Now, let’s talk about something really expensive and high-end. The IceMule Backpack Cooler offers everything that you need for the perfect camping, hiking, picnic, etc. Almost every kind of outdoor activity will be perfect for this beautiful backpack. It boasts a Trifold design that is really spacious and lets you store whatever you need for your trip.
- Hands free carry
- Amazing ice retention
- Waterproof and leakproof
- Becomes heavy really quickly
- Not the best looking cooler
Hydro Flask Backpack Cooler
· Dimensions: 18.5 x 10.63 x 7.87 inches
· Capacity: 15 Liters
· Weight: 2.1 Pounds
The Hydro Flask is constructed with 420D Nylon so it’s very strong and durable. It can hold 15 liters while keeping the inside insulated. The food, snacks, and the beverage won’t go bad wherever you go for a day. The welded seams also ensure that the backpack doesn’t leak.
- 48 hours insulation
- Aqua seal zipper guarantees that no water comes in and out
- BPA free liner keeps your food safe
- Too expensive
- Small capacity
Polar Bear Backpack Cooler
· Dimensions: 18 x 12 x 7 inches
· Material: Nylon
· Weight: 3 lbs.
Finally, we have the Polar Bear Backpack Cooler. It’s another great backpack that can hold up to 24 cans or 18 bottles. It can keep large food items or drinks so it has a large space inside but it’s also small and lightweight. It has a “5-layer trap air” design so it can keep icepacks frozen for 24 hours. You don’t have to worry about the ice melting.
- Outstanding ice retention
- Simple to use
- Great for travelling
- Liner is very thick which leaves little room for your food and drinks
- The zipper only opens at the top making it hard to use cheap bags of ice from convenient stores and walmart
We hope that we’ve helped you find the perfect backpack cooler for you. It can be confusing to find the ideal backpack cooler. However, if you follow our list then you have a great selection of backpack coolers.